Kale contains about 93 mg of calcium per cup and it is also high in potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and K. Plus, kale has only 36 calories per cup.
To make Basic Kale Chips, you will need: one small bunch of kale, trimmed of large stems, olive oil and sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the leaves and cut into two inch pieces.
- Toss with olive oil or lightly spritz with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with a small dash of sea salt.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread kale in an even layer on paper.
- Bake until crisp–this will vary and the kale will burn quickly. (8-10 minutes)